The Mavic Cosmic SLR 45 Disc Center Lock Thru Axle 12×142 mm Rear Wheel is made of faster, stiffer and lighter carbon for road bikes with disc brakes. The aerodynamic 45 mm rim not only cuts through the wind with minimal drag, but is also among the lightest in its class. This season, the outer carbon layer features its new UD2 construction for a distinctive look and an even lighter rim laminate, saving another 15g per rim.
A new rim laminate coupled with our exclusive Fore Carbon technology leaves the upper rim bridge intact and reinforces the rim only where needed, saving 40g per rim. The spokes attach to the rim without any need to drill the upper rim bed, so no rim tape is required. That means more weight savings (30g) and less hassle when it comes to set up or repair tubeless tyres. The new shape of the rim bed makes it easier than ever to mount and remove tires. UST Tubeless setup means no tube, so no friction, and more air volume means a smoother ride. The result is a faster ride with super low rolling resistance. At last, our patented elliptical spokes save another 5 watts.
– Use: Road
– Material: Carbon
– Compatible with the Tubeless Ready tyre
– Axle: 12×142 mm
– Disc Center Lock
– Rims: 45 mm depth
– Rim width: 19 mm
– Spokes: R2R shape
– Spoke material: steel
– Convertible axle: 12×135 mm
– Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
– Freewheel compatibility: Shimano
– Weight: 785 g
– Includes: Front QR adaptors, UST valve and accessories, user´s guide
– UST: The improved UST Road offers more speed, comfort and control in an easy-to-use tubeless system.
– SUP Welding Technology: uses a special heat welding technique to mechanically join two separate pieces of PVC into one solid unit. Heat-welded PVC creates a mechanical bond that is stronger, lasts longer and is better for the environment.